Okay, I know I told ya I would be showing the BBQ Chicken Salad made with Shirley J's BBQ Crockpot seasoning...but I don't have the pix with me at the moment.
So I'm going to show you some bread I made using Shirley J's new bakery mixes!
I just used the Shirley J Honey Wheat Bread Mix. I divided the batch in half and made like 16 rolls and one giant loaf of bread. Here's how I made em!
Shirley J Honey Wheat Bread
Yield: (3) 1 pound loaves or 3 dozen rolls
6 cups Shirley J Honey Wheat Mix
2 1/4 cup warm water (105-110 degrees F)
2 TB Instant Dry Yeast
1. Dissolve yeast in water
2. Add Honey Wheat Mix to water and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. If using an electric bread mixer with dough hook, mix on second speed for 10-20 minutes or to full development.
3. Cover dough with cloth and let rest for 15 minutes.
4. For bread: divide into 3 pieces, shape into loaves, place into well greased bread pans. Let rise in pans until dough is approximately 1 inch over top of pan, about 30-40 minutes. For rolls: divide into 36 pieces and place on baking sheet until dough has doubled in size.
5. Cover dough with cloth and let raise.
6. Place in preheated oven. For bread: 400 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes. For rolls: 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and butter tops, if desired.
**Dough is thoroughly developed when you can pull off a small piece (size of a half dollar) and pull it to form a paper thin sheet.
Here's the recipe in pictures!
3 ingredients to start out!
yeast in water.
i guess i forgot to get a pix of all the ingredients together before mixing.
please enjoy this photo. it is my favorite photo at the moment!
dough before it rests for 15 minutes
dough after it rested and rose a bit :)
dough seperated into loaf and rolls. (i could have done a prettier job..i have since discovered a great way to make pretty rolls. there is even a video on it...shoot where was that?)
ready to go in the oven!
yum yum! all done.
Next Week: Hopefully BBQ Chicken, but no promises :)